My first ever holiday abroad, it came and went faster than I could possibly imagine. I am a serial overpacker - when I went to Leeds Fest (back in 2011) I wanted to cry before we even got through the security gates - there was seriously no need whatsoever for completely different outfits, for all 5 days I was there, seriously. No need whatsoever. I thought I'd learnt my lesson from that, but nope. Clearly not. I'm gonna share what I took, and what I really shouldn't have took for a 6 day beach holiday...
No One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday by Tracy Bloom, hilarious chick lit at it's best. It's a girly comedy, both witty and relatable. I loved this book, I enjoyed it from start to finish, and read it within the first two days of my holiday. Second is The List by Joanna Bolouri, another girly comedy, a little vulgar and definitely eye opening - sometimes not in the right ways haha, it literally had me laughing out loud, gasping and there was bits that were emotional, but again I read this in 4 days. Both books are in Asda at 3 for £10!
So what have I learnt?
- Travel in appropriate clothing to land back in England. I travelled both there and back in a skater skirt (no tights), sandals, a vest top and mesh jumper. I was fine landing in Turkey, but landing back at home was horrendously cold. And wet.
- You cannot do enough research about the weather. I knew it was going to hot, but I didn't realise just how unbearable hot it would get. A lot of clothing left unworn, and I pretty much lived in just a bikini and a kimono. I didn't know how to cope.
- If you're unsure of whether you'll need something, you probably don't need it at all, specially when travelling somewhere hot.
- If you think you're packing too little, go over the basics: Pants (or knickers), bikini briefs, a bikini top (I would've managed with just the one), some form of cover up whether it be a kimono or a kaftan - I wish I took two kimonos, and some basic lightweight items (a couple of vests and a few pairs of shorts for the evenings), don't over estimate what you'll be doing and some comfy shoes.
- If you think you're packing too much, you probably are.
I hope this was somewhat helpful, or interesting. Please feel free to share your packing tips, I'm pretty sure I won't have learnt my lesson second time around!
Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Facebook